CIO & IT Leaders’ Summit 2022
Welcome from the Chair
Building back better: The CIO role in a digital first world
We’re delighted to open our event with insights from an acclaimed technology leader. Richard shares his insights on the professionalisation of the role of IT in the enterprise, what it means to be a digital first leader in 2022 and the future of the CIO role. In his current role as CIO for Walgreen Boots, he also looks at the role of technology in retail and how it can be a driver for community healthcare.
Vice President and CIO, Walgreen Boots
The technology leader’s agenda in 2022
To strategically transform, leaders need to deliver tech at speed, innovate at scale and put people at the centre. The pressure is on to strategically lead businesses forward. As digital acceleration transforms industries and customer and employee expectations, tech leaders have a vital role in deploying technology and data to integrate functions and seamlessly enable new business models. Brian discusses the actions to focus on to unlock long-term value for all stakeholders.
EY Ireland Technology Consulting and EY Seren Associate Partner
Technology leadership in a digital-first world
Our panel of experienced technology leaders share their insights on IT leadership, emerging trends and expected challenges. They reflect on lessons learned in the past 2 years and what it takes to be a successful digital leader today.
Head of Banking & Financial Services UK & Ireland, Cognizant
Head of Enterprise Applications, Origina
Managing Director, Digital Reality Ireland
Chief Operations Officer and a member of the Executive Committee, KBC Bank Ireland
STREAM 1: Designing Digital Government services for maximum impact
STREAM 2: Spearheading a digital culture at every level of the business
Deep Dive Roundtable Discussions
2pm – 2.45pm
Thematic roundtables are 45-minute-long interactive discussions in small groups. Moderated by seasoned industry experts and practitioners, they will address a compelling technology trend, a governance approach or an inspiring customer case. This is your chance to join insightful discussions to share experiences and get new and actionable ideas from peers and experts.
Lessons learned from remote working and boosting the digital skills in your workforce
• Share your lessons learned from remote working and identify best practices that you can readily apply in your organisation
• How to invest in digital skills at all levels so that an organisation can respond, rather than react to change?
• How to secure a digital skills senior sponsor to champion digital upskilling across all levels?
• How to convince senior leaders to drive a culture of change in your workforce?
• How to measure the digital skills within your workforce
• How can the Civil Service benefit from the introduction of a digital skills and behaviours standard?
The path to sustainable technology: Why sustainability is a top priority for CIOs
Technology and its lifecycle from build, distribution and usage is responsible for 3.8% of greenhouse gas emissions, well above air travel. That figure has been amplified with the massive usage of digital technology during the pandemic. Sustainable technology clearly becomes a central element of corporate sustainability and IT leaders are in the driving seat. This discussion focuses on how the CIO should act now to shift towards increased technology sustainability.
The role of the CIO: The opportunities and responsibilities ahead for the digital CIO
The opportunity to deliver leading technology solutions continues to expand for the CIO: How you can shape your role as a technology executive:
- The changing face of the digital CIO: Where is the role of the CIO going?
- The importance of forging stronger relationships across the business.
- Practical steps CIOs can take to make digital transformations take hold gaining buy-in from business leaders.
Mastering digital transformation for CIOs: Much more than a technology journey
- Threats, opportunities & technology in the new normal
- Software-as-a-Service: Enabling innovation and new operating models
- Legacy, lifecycle and scale in the era of digital transformation
- Managing ecosystems and partnership in exponential IT
Securing the “new normal”: How to protect your cloud, workforce and assets in the post-pandemic world
Data protection and reliance in a hybrid era
- Reinventing your data protection strategy in the work-from-home era
- Scaling data protection through object storage
- Protecting your organisation against ransomware attacks
Senior Consultant and Managing Director, Cygnus Consulting Ltd and Chairman, Association of Data Protection Officers
Building a solid data strategy to scale AI
AI offers huge opportunities to companies willing to embrace it. What are the barriers to successful AI implementation and how to resolve them? This roundtable will discuss the critical questions that leaders need to answer to build a data strategy based on quality, culture and privacy to unlock the real potential of AI.