Stream 2: Digital Government
Is our public sector prepared for a fully digital future?
Welcome from the Chair
General Manager and Technology Leader, IVI @iviinsights
From out-sourcing to in-sourcing: How the Government of Northern Ireland is building an IT shared services organisation
Caron shares insights on the journey over the last 11 years to build an organisation of IT shared services across multiple governmental departments in Northern Ireland.
Director of Digital Shared Services, Northern Ireland Government
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE ADDRESS:
Digital Republic: How Estonia built the most advanced digital society in the world
Since it introduced its first digital service – e-tax – in 2000, the small north-east European nation has had an ambitious digital agenda to the extent that today, 99% of its public services are available online. How did they do it?
- Lessons from the Estonian e-governance model; the ultimate benchmark for how citizens should engage with the government
- Working with other countries to replicate this model all over the world
Deputy DG, Director of State Information System, Information System Authority (RIA), The Republic of Estonia
Q & A with speakers
Becoming digital citizens: Creating and embedding a digital culture
Developing a positive digital culture amongst the workforce and the public, embracing innovative digital approaches to access the services they need:
- Developing a high calibre and agile workforce over the next 5 years
- Overcoming the challenges of successfully moving services online
- How to enable citizens to take control of their interactions with services?
- Developing a collaborative approach to service design and reform
Chief Clinical Information Officer and Interim Director of Integrated Information Services, the Health Service Executive
Group MD, Trilogy Technologies, past President, IBEC and member of high-level group on Technology Skills 2022
IS Project Leader, Galway County Council