CIO and IT Leaders Summit
September 25, 2019, Aviva Stadium
Capture the opportunity to drive business change: The CIO as innovator, business leader and cultural champion
Few things have the power to transform our world as rapidly and radically as digital technology.
Organisations are digitising business processes, often including entire core capabilities. Managing the resulting information and being able to maximise its value will be the key differentiator for the intelligent and connected enterprise.
Today’s CIO needs to be a digital innovator, cultural champion and business leader. CIOs have the opportunity to step forward and create direction for the business and its digital ambitions. Indeed, today’s CEO will be looking to their CIO to do just that. Advances in digital transformation, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data analytics offer the chance for CIOs to play that central role in driving business growth and value. But, the CIO also needs to balance the risks and rewards of digital innovation.
Building on the success of our past events, The Business Post’s 2019 CIO Summit will explore how to drive business value through digital innovation and transformation, discuss the challenges facing CIOs, and to learn best practices. Using case studies and expert viewpoint, delegates will gain insights into strategies they can use to drive business value and create competitive advantage.
Through expert presentations, case studies, panel and round-table discussions, we’ll explore:
- How to be more than a tech leader
- Why culture should be top of the CIO’s agenda
- Driving innovation: How can the CIO redefine what’s possible for an enterprise?
1. AI & Digital Ethics: Trust in tech
- The coming of age of AI
- Digital ethics in practice: How to balance the risks and rewards of digital innovation
- Who’s watching the machines? Ensuring ethical foresight, making ethics part of business decision-making
2. Digital government: Is our public sector prepared for a fully digital future?
- Case study: Building an IT shared services organisation
- International case study: How Estonia is building the most advanced digital society in the world
- Becoming digital citizens: Creating, embedding and boosting a digital culture
- Roundtable discussions where delegates share insights on a range of emerging technologies and issues– AI, Blockchain, immersive technologies, attracting and retaining tech talent and quantum computing.
Our previous CIO Summits have been attended by decision-makers with the following titles:
- Senior IT leaders
- Technology and business strategy decision-makers
- Investors & Venture Capitalists
- Technology and service providers
Delegates attended from the following well-known organisations:
Enterprise Ireland, Local Government Management Association, Eirgrid, Bord na Mona, Dublin City Council, DCU, TCD, NUIM, NUIG, ESB, Eirgrid, Ervia, VHI, Tusla, Allianz, Offaly CoCo, Fingal CoCo, Beaumont Hospital, Limerick City Council, Cork City Council, Dept. of Agriculture, Food & the Marine, Dept. of Business, Enterprise & Innovation, Prison Service, Repak, EPA, PwC, United Drug, Invesco, AIB Bank, Mercury Engineering, BT, Fujitsu, Abtran, Independent News & Media, Arnotts, Dairygold, Musgrave, Dell, KPMG, Mainstream Renewable Power, Accenture, Sungard, Davy Stockbrokers, Friends First, Intel, Trocaire, KBC Bank, IBM, Payzone, O2, Aviva Stadium, Lakeland Dairies, Aer Lingus, Waterford Wedgewood, AWAS, Deloitte, William Fry, Openet, Fleetmatics, Smurfit Kappa, Irish Stock Exchange, NSAI, Irish League of Credit Unions, Trend Micro, Irish Continental Group, Allianz Ireland, Sherry FitzGerald Group, Oxfam, NUIG, Aviva Group Ireland, Topflight Travel, The Children’s Hospital Group, Bank of Ireland, Three Ireland, EY, Institute of Banking, Permanent TSB, Irish League of Credit Unions, HSE, Mater Private, Lakeland Dairies, Meath CoCo, Mayo CoCo, Limerick City and CoCo, Port of Waterford, Irish Pharmacy Union, Tallaght Hospital, Singlepoint, Cartrawler…
The Virtual Summit Experience
To adapt to the current environment and the growing demand for delegates to enjoy the conference experience in an online manner, The The CIO Summit 2021 will come to you as a virtual event.
While our delegates will join in from the comfort of their homes and offices across Ireland and around the world, the event itself will be broadcast live from our dedicated studio in Dublin. Many of our speakers and panellists will appear live on stage, while our international keynotes and participants will be video-conferenced in to join the conversation.
Delegates will have the opportunity to step into the unique virtual summit environment, which includes access to the main virtual conference stage for the full day, live speaker & panel Q&A sessions, a virtual exhibition hall, copies of presentations & content post-event, as well as the opportunity to network, connect and chat with fellow online attendees, speakers and partners in real time.
Virtual attendance will be easily facilitated by our specially customised conferencing platform and dedicated AV team.
Benefits of virtual attendance include:
- Access to Virtual Main Stage for all keynotes, presentations and debates
- Video content of the latest industry innovation
- Opportunities to meet 100’s of attendees virtually, and set up meetings and conversations
- Online virtual exhibition hall
- Meet the industry using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Copy of attendee list post-event
- Copy of all presentations post-event
Read below to see what some of the attendees from our previous events have to say:
Research Fellow, Innovation Value Institute attendee
Excellent panels and topics. Really interesting and engaging. Well done to all involved.
Head of IT, SMBC Aviation Capital
Congrats on a great event. Good speakers, great content, well organised and a day out of the office well spent.
VP Business Optimisation & Chief Information Officer Ireland, ARAMARK
The CIO Summit was an outstanding event as it focused on leadership, global market dynamics and driving value within the context of ICT, rather than just ICT by itself.
Head of Digital Operations and Robotics, Bank of Ireland
I really enjoyed the event and found it very well put together and run. Well done to the team involved
Our Tickets and Pricing
Single and multi-ticket bundles available
- Plus VAT
Get 4 tickets for the price of 3
- Plus VAT
Get 6 tickets for the price of 4
- Plus VAT
Get 10 tickets for the price of 6
- Plus VAT
Our 2019 Sponsors
This summit is organised by The Sunday Business Post and our events partner iQuest. If you have any questions, requests, or require assistance with your booking, please feel free to contact me: